A general solution of this issue of submitting CST return as provided by NIC
When the dealer faces error message while submitting CST return, he/she should first open their CST Annexure XML file with Mozilla Firefox browser in computer.
- Then they should check for the error notification of the Firefox browser regarding the XML file.
- The Mozilla will automatically find out the erroneous portion of the XML file and show the user the approximate line number of that particular XML file where those special/malformed characters exist.
- The user should install Notepad ++ Editor in their computer. (Link for free download: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/).
- When the Annexure file is opened with Notepad++, he/she can easily find out the erroneous portion with the line no. which was shown by Mozilla browser.
- Then dealer should remove those entries from Annexure XML and save it.
- He should now try to re-upload the CST again.
- Problem should be solved by this process.
* ALWAYS USE LATEST JAR FILE AVAILABLE IN SITE TO FILL UP AND UPLOAD RETURN *